This blog is best viewed with the latest browser and an open mind!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Are we condemned?

After my recent post, featuring MAD, and my modified MAD cover that one reader called 'eerily prophetic', I added a preview of an illutration I had also made around the same time (the link is in the Comments section of that post). Since then a few people have asked me to produce more such modified covers. Praise feels good, but even if I wanted to repeat the act, I am not sure I am equal to it. And certainly not in the mood I am in, these days. Meanwhile, since the requests (and some comments) came from young people, a generation or more after mine, I thought I could at least thrill them and others with an un-retouched scan of a MAD cover (soon to be displayed at T2F). You'll need to click on the image to see it in it's full glory and necessary detail. And to be surprised. (Oh, it's large and may be slow to load. But it's worth it!) Maybe this cover and reading another recent post of mine will convince you that George Santayana was right when he said, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Vic said...

All those interested in Apple computers (yes, that means you too, we can all see you trying to sneak out the back) and Mad magazine will doubtless be delighted to know that the publication has been acquired by the leading multimedia company, and will get a new lease of life.

Mad, already a global leader in breaking news about new products and services from Apple, refreshes its policy on visual design (warning, image is large and may be slow to load). Comments may be filed here.

27 October, 2007 15:03

 

Post a Comment

<< Home