This blog is best viewed with the latest browser and an open mind!

Sunday, July 09, 2023

Azhar Kidvai (4)

 

Aligarh - 1940 - My Birthday

Abi's trip to Pakistan has been described in the extra blogs that I posted. Although he stayed her until his death and did a lot - despite his failing health - for refugees and poor people.There are too many incidents to recall, Imagine two senior doctors telling him he could make more money by injecting sterile water and charge patients. One senior doctor telling him that he should not declare his 'income'(hahaha)  to the tax people. But Abi ... he was not willing to do all that, ever.

Our house had very little to feed ourselves with, but my darling mother added water to her dishes and fed whoever came to visit. I always heard that they loved it. Guess it was her turning Water into Wine :)


I recall him just after a major heart attack, while he was resting in bed, that a call came to ask him to come over at 11pm (roughly). He got up. We said you can't go out, you're resting after an attack. He said that a man had had a heart attack and needed a doctor. His wife found my number and called. I just have to go … and he went.


As far as Pakistan was concerned, he was extremely sad. This is a poem he wrote on our Second Independence Day. It's a bit long but do read it.





I'll leave the episode here.
Another one will be done shortly.






Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home