This blog is best viewed with the latest browser and an open mind!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Here's the best New Year Card I received —

Does wishing
“A Happy New Year”,
make any difference to our New Year,
other than renewing social bondages?

Why not replace our wishes with some concrete steps
to make this world a better place?

A little action may be better
than thousands of wishes.

Let each of us make a New Year Pledge to contribute
towards elimination of
Religious bigotry,
Senseless superstitions,
Irrational believe,
Hatred of other societies,
Greed,
Poverty,
Hunger,
Malnutrition,
Illiteracy,
Ill health
and
Discrimination
on the basis of 
religion,
race,
nationality,
caste,
colour
or
gender.

On the 1st day of January 2012,
I will complete 81 years of my life
and at the beginning of my 82nd year,
I pledge that:

My age will not deter me from hard work
towards achieving my mission.

Now that I have relatively less time
and more unfinished work,
I will work harder.

I will follow in the footsteps of
Nelson Mandela, Gandhi and Faiz
to strive for peace and harmony.

I will endeavour to eliminate the rote system
by encouraging inquisitive and analytical minds.

I will propagate information and knowledge
for a well informed mind to make better decisions.

I will donate all my savings and future earnings
for the service of humanity.

[My cadaver has already been donated
for transplant of organs
and for any other medical purpose,
without going through any so called ‘last rites’.]
  
Rashid Latif Ansari





(Thank you Rashid Bhai!)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger nuclearbattery said...

love this!

01 January, 2012 05:46

 
Anonymous Krystyna Rawicz said...

A very happy New Year to you, and may many others join in your endeavours.

01 January, 2012 17:07

 

Post a Comment

<< Home