This blog is best viewed with the latest browser and an open mind!

Thursday, August 08, 2024

No Visa? Why???

 


On 2nd October I will be an 84-year-old man. Sadly I cannot travel to the US because of my age and medical problems. The long flight it takes to get to New York is also a major problem.
 

Being a longtime diabetic is not a problem but I have had a quadruple bypass and now also have a Pacemaker for many years. My heart functions at 15% only. 

I have a daughter who is a US citizen and the director of a law firm: Repro Legal Defense Fund (RLDF) at ‘If/When/How’. 

In November 2019, my daughter gave birth to a baby boy through an IVF donor. Her son is also a US citizen and has a US passport.

When my daughter applied for her son’s visa to visit Pakistan with her and be part of my birthday,  the Pakistan Embassy refused because there was no “father’s name” on her son’s birth certificate. She was told that her son could not be given a Visa because the Pakistan government needed the father’s name. This is really strange. 

Under USA Law - in case of an IVF Donor - the name of the father is not written. The couples in these cases have never met and don’t know each other. 

I have written to the Pakistan Ambassador to the US twice but have received no reply. I have written to the USA Consulate here but got no answer. 

My daughter has also contacted our ambassador’s office in USA and gotten nothing in return except the NY Embassy Address. 

In a Country where the law states that the father’s name is not written in an IVF Donor case, our Embassy should recognise his Passport and Citizenship and grant him a Visa. 

The child wants to come here, be part of my birthday, and wants to see both of his grandparents. My daughter cannot travel to Pakistan and leave her 4.5 year old son alone in USA. 

(Friends, please put this on your Social Media. Maybe someone knows our Ambassador in USA, or someone in our office that deals with this, or even our PM, and gets this Visa granted.)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish and pray that the child gets visa and is present for his grandpa's birthday celebrations. Ameen

21 August, 2024 13:28

 

Post a Comment

<< Home