This blog is best viewed with the latest browser and an open mind!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Blogger Blues III

First it was The Vintage Shop. Now it's other friends pages, too. They've all taken the plunge and gone over to the new blogger. Whatever their experiences of their new home, it takes me several minutes to open their pages. I have more or less given up trying. And they're probably happier at the thought of not having to deal with my comments too frequently. Yesterday, through sheer persistence and doggedness, I waited and waited and waited for Madeeha's page. Seven minutes! That's an eternity in internet terms. Today, it took several abandoned attempts to get to two other pages (I kept giving up, thinking it was some temporary glitch). Then it hit me: They've made the dreaded move, too. So, I typed in another url again and waited and waited and ... well, you know the rest. Nine minutes!!! Unacceptable. Now, I am trying to make a comment on her lovely Googly post. Six minutes, so far, and the "Connecting to beta.blogger.com" is still showing the animated barber pole ... Is it just me or my ISP? Or are others in Karachi facing the same problem? Or is it because Blogger is banned and pkblogs/inblogs have not made any alterations necessary to route things to beta.blogger? Betas are always trouble; I'm glad I have a beti! (Sorry. Bad joke!) Uh-oh.: "Network Timeout The operation timed out when attempting to contact beta.blogger.com." Fuckin' charming! OK ... I'll just post my comment here, instead: Bad move; Good post! Yes, this Google empire-building, as in the case of Microsoft and others before it (and even Apple isn't far behind, in slightly different ways), is a digusting but logical route in a capitalistic, competitive world. Oh, and YouTube has been bought by Google for the astonishing sum of $1.65 billion. No that's not a typo. BILLION! And I bet you had no idea, when you said "What is up with these internet companies trying to become bigger than God?", that it wasn't just a funny comparison. They ARE bigger and showing it off!!!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count your blessings, Zakintosh. The inability to access one of them may be a blessing in disguise.

25 November, 2006 08:52

 
Blogger insiyasyed said...

both the blogs take fucking ages to load. ajeeb bakwaas hai.

25 November, 2006 10:46

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtf?! blogger has officially been un-blocked. the .blogspot.com domain should be accessible the 'normal' way.

i dont access blogspot from home, so i dont know about whether my ISP has made the neccessary changes but yes, i have been getting the same kind of complaints from other bloggers: they just cant seem to open my blog.

however, when i access blogspot, the blogger or the beta blogger version from work through the dawn internet thingie, they both open in a matter of seconds.

i dont know whats going on. i just hope google can fix it asap. there is no way to undo moving on to beta and going back to the old-blogger.

not that im complaining much. i love beta blogger but hate the fact that it becomes somewhat inaccessible.

26 November, 2006 13:20

 
Blogger vintage said...

@rayhan: hehehe... no it's the friggin blog-owner. he un-bolds my boldness. i've resorted to italicising. :D

28 November, 2006 16:59

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

friggin? at his age? tsk tsk ...

28 November, 2006 18:28

 
Blogger Jawad Zakariya said...

Zak, Google vs God was good. I wasn't able to find many terms beating Google, but Sex was one of the winners (except in London and Paris!)

28 November, 2006 22:14

 
Blogger Zakintosh said...

@madeeha - italics are individualistic but don't mar the aesthtics like bold or all-caps do. so they are acceptable.

@rayhan - maybe your unk and i were different types.

@jawad - despite what you and mansoor wrote (and what my link to google's own explanation of these stats shows) i think this particular stat (The Battle of the Big G's) may well be right.

28 November, 2006 23:00

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@zak: yes, yes, i understand that :)
ps: luv u!

29 November, 2006 14:14

 
Blogger Facade said...

Oh you are complaining about posting on other people's blogs. I can't even post on mine. Bye, bye blogger - wordpress here I come.

18 December, 2006 23:53

 

Post a Comment

<< Home