This blog is best viewed with the latest browser and an open mind!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Blogger Blues II

[posted after reading the first few comments on my previous post] thanks, beanz, for the shove in the right direction. however 'tech support' is having problems moving me to the other side because the simple 'import' option in wp is working erratically these days. the problem could be 'blogger-based'. aaargh. thanks, others, for making me feel part of a group. but shift we must. the now essential move, however - once tech support cracks it - is now going to be even more painful (at least for for me) than i had imagined. for those contemplating the move, there are some indications on wp's site about what will work and what will not after the shift. most stuff will move across seemlessly. some will need attention and tweaking: graphic links in the sidebar will pose problems, i am told, because of differences in template structure - and some pictures uploaded from inside blogger's editor may have to be reloaded. all this i was willing to live with, but a new problem has cropped up: i've discovered that, suddenly, all paragraph breaks in all my posts have disappeared, destroying my emphases and rhythm (that i assume existed). have corrected the last 5-6 posts (not without much persistence: the 'br-tag monster' is still eating up para breaks after re-posting) ... and it's one hell of an effort to go back to the scores of others and do the same. guess i'll just see how the imported stuff looks in wp and rectify images and breaks as i go along, checking the past's follies and banging my head about why i said certain things.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sidhusaaheb said...

I think I'm going to stick with Blogger until they tell me to move my blog to the beta version or face a forced closure. I suppose the R&D you are carrying out could prove to be a lot of help, if and when that moment comes!

:D

I do understand, however, that with Blogger being blocked every now and then in Pakistan, you have plenty of reason to move your blog.

15 November, 2006 17:19

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for comparisons of what a blogger to wordpress move looks like, feel free to browse between halai.blogspot.com and abbashalai.com.

16 November, 2006 09:27

 

Post a Comment

<< Home